2020 Home Design Trends
- Earth tones (i.e. olive green, yellow ochre, burnt orange) that give you warmth and a connection to the outdoors.
- Curvy shapes like those inspired by the 60s and 70s.
- Multifunctional spaces, especially with more people working from home.
- Creating a home office (this trend got stronger as 2020 and Coronavirus progressed).
- Small (one or two) vintage accents added into the design.
- Navy blue which is the 2020 Pantone Color of the Year.
- Floral wallpaper, particularly in bathrooms and foyers.
- Indoor olive trees.
- 3-tone kitchen colors. The days of all white are gone.
- Dining rooms with more personality.
- Living rooms that provide a sense of calmness and wellness, including warm colors and more light.
- An extra seat (not another toilet) in the bathroom for relaxing, taking off slippers, surfing the internet, etc.
Interior Design Trends 2020
2019 Home Design Trends
- Copper accents, “along with a mixture of other metals and finishes.”
- Millennial pink, a hue with a “modern feel.”
- Canopy beds.
- Curved sofas.
- Custom oversized nightstands.
- Biophilia – “emphasizing the relationship between humankind and nature.”
- Nods to nature (i.e. tables made from petrified wood and pendants woven with branches).
- Color in the kitchen that blends with other areas of the home. Goodbye white!
- Bold art on bold wallpaper in the bedroom.
Interior Design Trends 2019
If you’re in the market to buy or sell a home in trendy Santa Fe, New Mexico, please contact Santa Fe’s top real estate broker, Darlene Streit, at 505.920.8001 / [email protected]