Purchasing or Selling Real Estate in the US
- There are typically two “sides” to any real estate transaction: buyer/seller or leasee/leasor.\
- Most real estate agencies in the US share listings among themselves and the public…so you will be able to see nearly all properties
- In order to have a binding agreement in the US, it must be in writing which means there will be a contract signed by all parties. Verbal agreements are not binding.
- Nearly all states require disclosure as to the type of representation you will be receiving
- Real estate agents must be licensed in their state in order to show and sell properties. Be aware that owners and employees of owners are not required to have a real estate license.